Wednesday 13 January 2010

A Personal Space

On my return to Derby I was able to find two sets of allotments, however, both were locked up and there was noone around in this dreadful weather to let me in! I did manage to get a few shots through the fence though. I was amazed to see the amount of 'make-do' sheds that allotment holders seem to build but then I suppose there would be no point in buying a brand new shed at the risk of it being vandalised. I love the way the allotment holder has the freedom to put their own personal stamp on their plot and whether it be through practicality or the desire to make it look pretty, all the plots work together creating a sociable space which (not so much in the winter months) creates a mini vegetable growing community.
Here are a few examples of sheds I managed to photograph...




No comments: