Tuesday 12 January 2010

Articulated and Formed

This is when my work started to become based on my journey into gardening and the study of allotments, gardens, tools and equipment.
There were two main themes within my work: articulation and form.


Articulated Pieces:
These are made up of squares or triangles of ply wood cut out on the laser cutter and sewn between two bits of fabric. The result is a flexible but durable fabric.








Formed
Pieces:
These pieces take form as the fabric covers various shapes of bent plywood, creating a solid construction suitable for containers or holders.








So now I wanted to really get to know gardeners and their needs and wants. I wanted go into their territory and explore the ins and outs of planting, growing and cultivating. I needed some allotments...

No comments: