Wednesday 13 January 2010

The start of my gardening journey...

So I have chosen completely the wrong time to start my quest into the gardening world...I have found little opportunity, due to the appauling weather to get out and explore allotments, gardens and all that is involved. I did manage to fight my way through the snow one day to the allotments across the field but there was a blanket of snow covering everything in sight! I was hoping to get out today but am, yet again snowed in!
My reasons for this blog are simple...I have started about five sketchbooks already and discarded them all as I am too much of a perfectionist! I have decided that my sketching skills are not up to scratch and so will be attempting to improve them, perhaps in my own private sketchbook which nobody ever has to see! However, I am quite a keen photographer and I always carry a camera with me to record special times and just things I like in general.
The one day that I found over the christmas holiday that had good visibility for photographing, I took advantage of! Although the allotments were eerily quite and the winter had taken its toll on the overall conditions I was still able to get some good shots of the general workings of an allotment...

No comments: