Thursday 25 March 2010

Herb Apron

Here are the designs I have sketched for the herb apron. The apron will fit over the head and tie or button round the sides. It will only come down to halfway in the back as any longer would be unnecessary. I will probably use the shape and design of the accessories I made last term for herb and seed holders. I will also consider whether the accessories need to be detachable or if they can be fixed onto the apron.








This design has semi-circular pockets that are attached to the apron in which herbs can be placed when they are being cut. The pockets each have a screen printed label which identifies which herb should go in which pocket.

I like this design although it would be hard to generalise the combination of herbs that would be written on the labels as there are so many herbs and not everybody grows the same combination.  Therefore, I think it would be better to have pockets which did not specify which herb should go in that particular pocket.












This design has three simpler pockets that could be used for general collection of herbs. The attachments could be detachable or fixed onto the apron.

I think I will also add a pocket for secateurs and any other handy things that a herb gardener might need.

No comments: